TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

!Intermittent stalling(shut off) PLEASE GOD HELP at stops or very low speeds!

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2018, 11:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !Intermittent stalling(shut off) PLEASE GOD HELP at stops or very low speeds!

Ok my brain is racked!
2008 trailblazer 4.2
​​​​​​stalling at lights and stops randomly no a.c. on.

First I got p0017 codes, changed cam then crank sensor. Then spit out p0013 changed the VVT. Code went away then hours later came back. Drove fine for a day or two. Unplugged the VVT plugged it back in no CEL. Changed the oil again CEL never came back. Fixed right, still stalls. Clean the throttle body and idles high and drives it self when the brake is released shortly after. STILL STALLS. Drives fine and idles fine most of the time. Seems like the is a wide known problem with very little answers. Any clue guys???????
Old April 27th, 2018, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

What brand vvt did you get maybe a faulty vvt
Old April 27th, 2018, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Duralast from AutoZone. Unplugged the pcm the other day and drove great for 2 days but back to the same. The harness to the VVT is only showing 0.5 volts unplugged thought it should be 12vlts. Can seem to figure this one out
Old April 27th, 2018, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

Probably a faulty vvt the best vvt is ac delco kinda expensive but works with no issues where u located