TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Low tranny fluid but no leak?

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2017, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low tranny fluid but no leak?

198k miles on my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer and no issues but now shifting seemed jumpy and hesitates so I checked and the transmission fluid was low. I put in 1/2 a quart and 5 days later, it was low again so I put in another quart. Today I took it to one of those oil/auto places with a lift. They said had it had no tranny fluid leak but has a power fluid steering leak?? It needs a new hose for that, a rack and pinion and a thermal clutch fan (ck engine light code). All for a great price of $1800. Yea not gonna happen.

My question is how can it be low on tranmission fluid with no leak? And how could I need a rack and pinion with no steering issues? Anyone have similar problems?

Last edited by Heather Joyner; June 17th, 2017 at 1:30 PM.
Old August 29th, 2017, 9:50 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cooler runs thru the radiator , possibly dumping tranny fluid into radiator where there might be an internal leak. Just an idea , pull the cap off the radiator and look at the condition of the coolant. Should generally be pink in color.