TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

More brake light shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2017, 9:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More brake light shenanigans

I have a 2006 LS EXT with a nonfunctional upper brake light.

As with many Trailblazers, the cover/brake light piece on top of the rear lift gate was pushed up (again) last winter by snow/ice build up underneath. Recently, driving on the highway into high winds, the part poking up into the air stream caught a strong 40+MPH guts that blew the cover and brake light clean off. When I recovered the pieced from the roadway, the wires had torn about halfway along their length.

That night I noticed that all my brake lights were out. Troubleshooting eventually led me to a blown fuse in the box under the 2nd row seat behind the driver. That fixed the lower brake lights.

A body shop replaced the cover and brake light with new parts (light came with new wiring harness, which was used). Noticing the new upper light was still not working, we dove into fuse boxes and replaced the blown fuse under the seat. As with the lower brakes, the fuse up front was still functional. After the fuse check/replacement, the upper brake light is still not working.

Wires are connected properly, fuses are good, what are we missing?