TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Noise

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2019, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise

I have a 07 trailblazer and for the past few months when I start the car it makes such a horrible noise that it sounds like it’s going to explode, also when I turn heat on it sounds like a blower that is clogged? Mechanic said it is the fan clutch and it is wobbly, So $700+ later the car is still making the same noise so now he says it is the heat acuator door? Not sure if he is being honest?
Old February 19th, 2019, 6:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Turn off the heater/ac and work your way through the various controls to see if you can isolate what function causes the problem. Does it sound like it is inside the car or under the hood? Maybe link a video here so we can hear it? Three or four times now our 05 Suburban has had a terribly loud noise at start up that quits when I turn off the heater/ac, then fine once turned on again. My impression is the noise is coming from the a/c clutch, but since so erratic have not figured it out yet.