TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Parasitic power draw?

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2018, 8:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there may be a non fob, transponder key option. Since its a Saab, its different from the gm products of that year. Phone the dealer and ask for a transponder key without keyless entry buttons. This new key would have to be programmed to the car. If you have 2 working keys, you may be able to program the 3rd key yourself. ask the dealer if there is a procedure to program it without a scan tool.

11.9 is a dead battery...you definitely have a draw.
Old March 25th, 2019, 9:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

update new improved testing the proper way round2 is w/ a fully charged brand new battery holding 12.47VDC

also the driver door is closed, initialley the pass.door was unlatched then I latched the door grabber didn't have an effect on the current draw.
this test as w/all tests are w/out the onstar fuse.
w/ radio fuse in draw was 14.2mAmps removed radio dropped to 1.2mA .

second observation was a blow trailer fuse doe's this trailer wiring designed to have more than one fuse because I'm having trouble w/ taillights but the brakeslights are fine weird.

not to sure about ramdomly pulling fuses that are basicelly unlabled.
I am waiting you'r expert advice you uselly have which is why I have the doors basically locked and the key is in the door.

there is diffiently something wronge w/ the radio I could have jammed something up during the new radio I installed.
edit:fuse's I have out and want out due to not using.
Air shocks fuse #1 underhood UH

Onstar #27 UH09
Rear Wiperunderseat

Last edited by the Brain; March 25th, 2019 at 9:12 AM.
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:40 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

I would definitely be looking at the radio. The unit itself might be bad. Leave the fuse out and see if your problem goes away
Old March 26th, 2019, 5:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes the radio w/ 14.2A draw will killer battery in one hour.this is a new radio from Amazone a chinese blaupunkt POS.

radio is around 6months old. I have the three warranty insurance I usually never buy ins. however I was suspicious of chinese blaupunkt POS.

proper testing procedures revealed a 3xs larger draw than previous improper tests