TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

rained in the TB window and locks don't work

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2011, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rained in the TB window and locks don't work

I have an 04 TB ext, 4x4, 4-DOOR, power everything. I left my front windows down and it rained. After a week my front windows [both passenger and driver], power locks, the little **** that controls the side mirrors, and my door open lights do not work. Both the rear windows controls work and the back door windows. Also, when i put the truck into drive it does not do the automatic lock to NONE of the locks.

My remote key lock and security does not work for the front, but works for the back doors. Is their a fuse I can check for this or do I need to take to a shop?

I love my CHevy and if someone can help me to fix this problem i would greatly appriecated it.
Old February 13th, 2012, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Would like an answer to this too. I too got rain onto the drivers side control panel. I just took it all apart, examined and cleaned it, and all the contacts from the plug-ins. Checked all the fuses pertaining to it under the rear seat with a meter. All checked ok. One thing I did have going on was I was getting "drivers door ajar" warning going off intermittently. Even that doesnt ding or warn me now in the dash. I'm assuming that switch is the small box between the door and the body. I removed the plug and it didnt show any sign of corrosion on the contacts. Funny thing is last week it rained (but I had my window up , but it all worked for a couple of days until it dried out it seemed.

04 TB 2wd
Old February 29th, 2012, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, I fixed mine. I have a buddy that works at a cheesy little auto lot here and I told him of my problem and that the circuit board in the DDM is interchangeable between certain models of Trailblazer, an '01 bravada, and certain year Buick Raniers. He had a Ranier on the lot, so I slipped up there and swapped the board out and I'm back in business now hehehe.
Old March 5th, 2012, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by chevytrailblaz
I have an 04 TB ext, 4x4, 4-DOOR, power everything. I left my front windows down and it rained. After a week my front windows [both passenger and driver], power locks, the little **** that controls the side mirrors, and my door open lights do not work. Both the rear windows controls work and the back door windows. Also, when i put the truck into drive it does not do the automatic lock to NONE of the locks.

My remote key lock and security does not work for the front, but works for the back doors. Is their a fuse I can check for this or do I need to take to a shop?

I love my CHevy and if someone can help me to fix this problem i would greatly appriecated it.

This is actually a common problem in Trailblazers and GMC Envoy's. For some reason the driver's side control panel is very sensitive to moisture. This same problem happened to me - I left my sunroof open one gorgeous night and it rained for maybe 1 minutes in the morning. By the time I got to work the panel was shot. It was worse than having a wet seat. I took it to my guy at the shop and he said its very common, looked it up online too - same thing. SO i ordered a replacement piece from amazon, installed it, and then took it to the shop to have it programmed to my car and key. Pretty sweet deal for around $150 - now I am very protective if that control panel and have rain guards just in case!
Old August 20th, 2012, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

I had the window down and the driver panel got soaked. When I started the car, smoke came from the driver door panel. Now, no windows, locks, etc. I swapped the passenger door module and got the window up and the door locks work. But the original panel is wiped out.
I have a new panel on order but I'm told it will need to be programmed. Who can do this programming other than the dealer? How much should it cost?
Old August 21st, 2012, 4:09 AM
CF Beginner

I just seen on the news the other day GM finally recognized the problem and possible fire hazard with the DDM's. I would take it to the dealer first and see if its covered under the recall. If it isnt then your probably looking around hundred to one fifty to have a new DDM programmed. Or cancel the order and go pick one up from a junkyard and install it yourself and then you wouldnt need to have it programmed. I installed a used one in my 04 TB this past spring which had the same symptoms as yours. Took all of 30 minutes to pop the old one out and the new one in. I even found a youtube video on exactly how to do it. Search youtube for 04 trailblazer door panel removal.

Last edited by Tom T; August 21st, 2012 at 4:12 AM.
Old August 21st, 2012, 5:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Look for a TSB on that door module.
Seems water can seep in there and cause corrison & fire.
Lee
Old August 23rd, 2012, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Looks like I read the replies too late. I received the new module yesterday. Anybody know a way to get the bezel off the old DDM without destroying it?
My TB has a grey interior and the new module is black. While I have the unit apart I'll take a look at what actually fried. If the PCB is intact, can it be removed or is it soldered in place? Maybe the PCB can be moved from the old unit to the new one.

I'll take pictures
Old August 16th, 2014, 8:39 PM
CF Junior Member

there is a recall on the drivers master control parts will be available in October mine is an 07 it is covered on the recall
Old August 17th, 2014, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

I contacted Chevy since I received the recall notice after replacing one module before the announcement. They are refunding my module costs and will contact me when the new module arrives. They are back ordered.
The dealer told me they would have to check my vehicle first to see if the recall applied to me. I tossed him the burned module. He said "That'll work"

Quick Reply: rained in the TB window and locks don't work