TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Range of keyless remote

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2007, 7:56 PM
esu
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range of keyless remote

I've got an 06 trailblazer that I've owned since new. The range on the keyless remote stinks to put it mildly. I literally have to be less than 10 ft away. I've tried new batteries and even a new remote and they're all terrible. Is this typical of this car and is there anyway to increase the range?
Frustrated in NY,,, Thx, ESU
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Range of keyless remote

On the 07 Tahoes the antenna is located insidetherear pillar with a million other wires. We were able to double the range by pulling the antenna wire out of the wiring mess. Perhaps you'll get similar results. 10 feet sounds EXTREMELY short though. Have you talked to a tech at your dealer?
Old January 13th, 2007, 1:01 PM
esu
CF Beginner

Havent spoken to a tech, just thought it might be normal for the car even tho its really a short distance. What side is the antenna on, drivers or pass? Any description of what it looks like so I can differentiate it from the rest of the harness?
Thx ESU
Old January 13th, 2007, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

I know this sounds really goofy, so just bare with me. If you open your mouth and put the remote to your chin and push the unlock button, it will work at much longer distances. I have no idea why it works, but one of my buddies told me about that a while ago and it has worked on every vehicle I've ever owned.
Old January 25th, 2007, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

I have an '05, and have the exact same issue. The dealer has told me all is OK, it's just 'How It Is', that GM does not guarantee ranges etc.

I'd love to know where the antenna is located so I could expose some of it and see if that's the issue. It seems I get better range from behind the vehicle than in the front, in front I sometimes have to be within 6 feet to get a response. It's really annoying....

Old February 27th, 2007, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

ACTUALLY I GET ABOUT 100 FEET OF RANGE ON MY 04 LT. THEN I HAD MY KEYS STOLEN AT THE CAPE KIWINDA MARKET IN PACIFIC CITY OREGON. I WAS CAMPING AT THE TIME.

SINCE I HAD THE WINDOW ROLLED DOWN I WAS ABLE TO GET INSIDE THE LT... GMC PAID TO HAVE MY LT TOWED TO THE NEAREST DEALER IN LINCOLN CITY. GUESS WHAT? THEY COULDNT CUT ME A KEY. THE CUTTER WASNT THE RIGHT TYPE OH AND BY THE WAY THE TOW COSTS BEGIN WHEN THE TRUCK HEADS TOWARDS YOU , NOT WHEN HE ARRIVES AT THE SCENE

THEN GMC TOWED ME TO THE NEXT CLOSEST DEALER AND THEY COULDNT CUT IT EITHER. SO A LOCAL LOCKSMITH CAME AND TOLD ME THERE ISNT A CHIP IN THE KEYS. HE CUT IT AND I WAS ON MY WAY

TOTAL COST OF TOWING 567.00 PAID FOR BY GMC ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE. THEY ALLOW UP TO 999.00 IN TOWING COSTS.
I HAD TO PAY 85.00 FOR NEW REMOTE, I FORGET THE LABOR TO RE-PROGRAM THE NEW REMOTE, AND WHAT I THOUGHT WAS GOING TO BE A KEY WITH A COMPUTER CHIP TURNED OUT TO BE JUST A COPYWHICH WAS 3.00

AND IT STILL GETS ABOUT 100 FEET OF RANGE AND I LIVE IN THE CALIF VALLEY THAT IS FLAT
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 04 LT that im having similar problem i have to be within 15 ft of it in order for it to work but i mean im not complaining cuz thats fine its just when i forget to lock it and im to far away it sucks is there anyone on here that found the antenna location