TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Replaced key ignition now batt light on?

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2012, 8:57 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Replaced key ignition now batt light on?

Hi everyone, I just replaced my key and ignition on my 2006 Trailblazer ss, (no chip in key), after completion of doing this and connecting battery neg cable back on I noticed my battery light at instrument panel stays on now, when I turn the key forward or start vehicle the light goes away, this has nothing to do with defective chargeing system as battery and altenator are fine, As I said the battery light is only on when truck is shut off ? Has anyone ever experienced this before, or has to any idea why..was thinking of removeing column covers and removing and installing cylinder again to see if any change occurs.....Thanx in advance....stumped??
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

You are on the right track. Take the key cylinder back out and make sure it is the same as the old and and thast it is installed properly in the correct position.
Old October 28th, 2012, 6:36 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx for reply, prior to your reply.........I FIGURED IT OUT! When replaceing the "KEY" ignition switch you must remove/slide out the electronic switch below it for thw keyed switch to be able to come out, when I installed everything back together , the battery light was staying on because I was one tooth off on the electronic switch, I was easily able to roll the geared tooth back with my thumb to the off position, hope this may help someone else, funny thing is when I called the pirate dealer they first told me my key was chipped, then they said the instument cluster is toast...haha this was all explained to me over a phone call!!