TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Tail Hatch Destroyed and I need help to replace it

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2017, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Hatch Destroyed and I need help to replace it

It took months to get a reply about the rear wiper repair, HOWEVER this request needs rapid replies!!! Please HELP

Backing my boat with the tailgate opened and a TREE totally destroyed my entire rear gate; SO, now I just need to get THE ENTIRE GATE OFF so I can replace it with the one from the salvage yard.

I just bought another rear gate assembly and need to see how to take the old one off at the hinges so I can try to get the replacement mounted up and rewired. I didn't see anything on YouTube other than getting the clip-on inside panel off but nothing about removing the entire gate assembly.

That small hinge assembly is NOT as simple as it looks (I know this because it took the 2 salvage yard mechanics almost an hour to get theirs off and in my car! I am a disabled Nam vet and spent my wad on the new part ($160) so now I'm broke for the rest of the month but I need to (at least) get the new gate mounted on the truck on my own somehow!

I hope I can get this done ASAP because I am planning to travel real soon.

Last edited by warezaholic; October 10th, 2017 at 2:51 PM.