TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Wet front floorboards are soaked w/ water

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2019, 6:56 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wet front floorboards are soaked w/ water

Wet front floorboards are soaked w/ water

After a rain storm My 07saab97x same as trailblazer has completely soaked front floor carpets.

My first observation was the pass. Side I dismissed as another GM problem as a spilled
Drink it wasn’t a spilled drink it was another another GM problem.

What I have done so far to resolve this other GM problem

1.on the pass. Side firewall there is like four connections I removed the lower left black rubber drain discharge tube (it was actuelly dripping water) result I didn’t observe a bunch of backed up water as I did on the repair videos.

2, I looked inside the front of opened sunroof (SR)looking for a drain hole could’nt find one so I inserted a kindof stiff 16AWG wire up the SR discharge tube sticking out the door opening
Shoved about 3’ of wire up this tube, did’nt see the end of wire protruding from the top of SRs tube, also after pulling wire back out there was no dirt on wire.

Any tips on resolving this leak would be a big help thanks
Old February 22nd, 2019, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having this same issue with my '03 Trailblazer, just purchased used. Opened driver door one morning after heavy rainstorm and the floor board had about an inch of standing water!

Following as I hope someone responds with a fix!
Old February 22nd, 2019, 4:17 PM
CF Active Member

update to my temporary solution ghetto 3M ducktaped the sunroof yes it has rained stormed and no more wet at least on driverside.

I have been informed that some folks glue/seal the sunroofs for this very leak.GM actuelly has thousands of recalls on this GM360 like the trailblazer.the wett enters the SR then protrudes down the A pillar ruining a structural part of the vehicle there are hundreds of recalls but I see trailblazers all over the place so they must be somewhat reliable right?

I'm not ready for that the SR is a nice feature but to be honest I never really knew if the SR was closed 100% like when rolling in at the end it seams to always go horizontally then at the end close to the close it jumps up so either I'm a bumass toward how the proper procedure to closing the SR or thats how it's susposed to close
.TB

Last edited by the Brain; February 22nd, 2019 at 4:22 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Mine does not have a SR. I am thinking possible the door seal is bad.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 1:15 PM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.

I don't know what kind of cowl you have under your windshield wipers but trash like leaves can fall into that area and clog the drains.
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:53 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Kazoocruiser
I don't know what kind of cowl you have under your windshield wipers but trash like leaves can fall into that area and clog the drains.
hey thanks for tip the neighbors from hell next door have overhanging trees that create a huge mess w/ leaves and bird crape. yes the 97x has a screen around the cowl (back of engine area) there's uaselly pines leaves or maple clogging up my stuff, dam the leaves and the mechanical Gods.