Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

09 Chevy traverse miss firing

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2013, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Chevy traverse miss firing

Well we have had our traverse for 3 years its been in the shop at more than 15 times. We have taken it to different dealerships in our area and they continue to state that they don't find an issue listed in computer. After several attempts we had the head mechanic drive and they felt what we have felt over the last several years, shifting issues or hesitation when driving over 60+ miles a hour. They replaced a coil pack thinking that would fix it. Yet again still having same issues! Has anyone experienced this issue, please advise what to do?
Old May 20th, 2013, 6:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibson916
Well we have had our traverse for 3 years its been in the shop at more than 15 times. We have taken it to different dealerships in our area and they continue to state that they don't find an issue listed in computer. After several attempts we had the head mechanic drive and they felt what we have felt over the last several years, shifting issues or hesitation when driving over 60+ miles a hour. They replaced a coil pack thinking that would fix it. Yet again still having same issues! Has anyone experienced this issue, please advise what to do?
Gibson916,

I'm sorry to hear you are having a re-occurring issue with your shifting. Could you please send me your information (name, number, address, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealerships) so I can look into your situation?

Evan (assisting Amber)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 11th, 2014, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinders Leaking

I have a 2010 Traverse and this was happening to my vehicle also. I would get different check engine lights and when I purchase a reader for the computer it would indicate misfire on different or multiply cylinders. I took it to the garage and the same was told to me that they couldn’t find the problem and reset the error code. So one day I took the traverse in for regular maintenance and asked to have the ignition looked at because I was getting misfires and the starting was intermittent also. The guy at the desk told me that this is a common problem with the Traverse but Chevy does not make it known, and it was that the cylinders are leaking and losing pressure. So what did they do, they replaced all 6 cylinders and the problem went away for about a year and it is back again. Some of the symptoms with my vehicle were, when starting, it would start fine, or not start and the engine showed less than 1 RPM and when you pushed the gas at idle it didn’t move the RPM needle. Other times it would roll trying to start and either catches or not. When they replaced the cylinders or gaskets it fixed the problem (for a while). Hope this helps. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>