Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2 weeks into my new vehicle and i'm ready to sell it

Old January 15th, 2019, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have a Dodge Journey & I had a Ford Fusion, both were great on my back so..
Unless..all newer vehicles have junk seats now, I'm pretty sure it's a GM thing.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Seats get a wedge seat chusion

Originally Posted by Jeff Gates
I always wondered why and how a person could return a vehicle after 2-400 miles on a vehicle. I always assumed it
was stuck up folks who have money flowing but now, i've became one of them.
My first car i purchased was a 2019 GMC Acadia. Loved the look of it and how it drove but after taking it for a lengthy drive,
i was in the most awful pain. Mainly around my tailbone. I drove around on it thinking i could break it in. Then i moved on to
trying as many lumbar and seat cushions available with no luck at all. Then my notice came in for my registration and i decided to act
fast. I proceeded to head back to the dealer to see what my options would be. I thought they would laugh me off the lot and i really shouldn't have
thought that way but, i just thought i had a crazy back issue that had little to do with the car but more with me. Even though, i get no pain from my Ford or Dodge.
I let them talk me into a Chevy Traverse. I had to reach a little deeper in the pocket for it but, if i could drive with no pain, i felt it would be worth it. I test drove it, driving
nearly everywhere with it before deciding. Then, i pulled the trigger and decided to get it.
Fast forward to 2 weeks later and, boom, i'm in pain again. This time, although the pain is similiar, it's not the same. Not in the tailbone area but mainly in the
lumbar. Lower in my back, right above my tailbone. I feel like the seat pushes out and then drops at the tailbone. I have horrible soreness and pain after just 10 min. of driving.
The Traverse is less cushiony and a lot more stiff but the contour is a bit better but man, i really feel the burn in my lower back.
I just don't get it. I'm trying to love these vehicles but the seats are sooo bad.
I was going to turn in my man card and get a Kia, now im kinda regretting it.
I also was going to go so far to take out the GMC seats until i thought, *what are you doing*?
Now, i'm super confused and need some guidance from anyone.
I really don't feel like crawling back to the dealer again, besides, i really don't think they have a car that suits me. Seems the seats are pretty standard on all models.
But part of me doesn't what to wait and act fast before i rack up miles on this one too.
Any advice?
Btw, i'm a healthy runner. 6'2 200 pds.
thanks
get a wedge seat cushions from ebay or amazon it helped me the seats in newer cars seem to tilt to the back causing back pain the wedge helps level it up
Old December 13th, 2019, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What model Traverse did you purchase? The lower trim models have less supportive seats. Go sit for an hour in a Traverse Premiere with Perforated leather-appointed seats and determine if those seats are superior and more supportive for you. If so, have the parts department order the driver seat. If not, then try aftermarket seats but you better sit in them before you order something else that does not work for you. https://www.carid.com/braum/braum-ve...337760477.html.
I transport cars and I know for sure that the base model of GMC and Chevrolet vehicle often have terrible seats. The pivot point is too far forward and when reclining, the lower seat back pushed up again your lower back.

Search this Thread