Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2012 Traverse Transmission

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2017, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Traverse Transmission

I purchased my 2012 Traverse four years ago. It was certified pre-owned and had just over 12,000 miles on it. I maintained a regular maintenance schedule and it has been pretty reliable up to this point. I put on 15-20,000 miles a year of mostly highway miles. Last week I was driving and lost engine power. The vehicle wouldn't shift into third gear and when I got home I realized reverse didn't work either. I did some research and realized the symptoms were exactly the same as those on the 2009 model with the wave plate. GM actually ended up extending the warranties on those models to 120,000 miles. I took mine to the dealer and they agreed that the symptoms sounded exactly like the issue on the older models. After looking at it and speaking with GM they called to inform me that GM would only cover 30% of the $5,000 repair. My Traverse is only 3 months and 2,000 miles out of the warranty. I didn't expect them to repair it for free (although maybe I should have because that's what they did on the 2009s with more mileage), but 30% is a slap in the face. At this point I'm looking to trade in my defective Traverse and switch to a more reliable brand.