Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2013 Traverse stalls at complete stops

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2019, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Traverse stalls at complete stops

I have a 2013 Traverse, purchased 5 months ago, 89k miles, current 95k. On 700 mile trip this past weekend my Car upon arriving at destination started to stall when stopping completely, rolling stops ok. this problem continues now that I am home. I find if I shift to neutral before I come to complete stop, car does not stall. I can then shift back to D with no stall. Only time engine stalls is complete stop with trans in D, then only 50% of time.
I did start trip w full tank never got below half tank, only filled up at BP and Shell stations. I have added a fuel injector cleaner today. I checked trans fluid, was 1/2 qt low, added fluid and issue got a little better, only stalls 25-35% of stops. Battery and charging system checked out OK. Car is throwing no codes, only a dash message that reads 'check battery charging system'. That message flashes on for a few seconds right after stall, and goes away, car always starts right back up.
Any one have any ideas. Wish engine or system was throwing out a code, but nothing.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 8:44 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

almost sound like the TCC isnt releasing causing the engine to stall. this is just a 100% guess, i would wait till someone else suggest something and i wouldnt even know how to check
Old February 25th, 2019, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply, I googled your response and it sure does sound like that could be my problem. However, I posted same query on another webpage, it was suggested that among other things I check my power steering fluid. I did, it was low, I added a few ounces.... for now problem or rather symptoms are gone. Traverse is running great no stalls, it's been 5 days..... I will continue to monitor fluids, and if symptoms reappear I will keep the TCC issue in my memory blank... Thank you for the response.... the TCC sounds as if it is a very GM problem, until you mentioned it I never saw mention of the TCC in any of searches... now when searching TCC, Traverse lots of input. Thank you for the Information and suggestion, have a great week!!
Old February 25th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

you know i never would of thought of power steering fluid as a cause. so we both learned something lol