Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2018 Traverse

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2018, 8:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

When you take your vehicle to one dealer...it has nothing to do with the 2nd dealer. There is no reason for dealer to dealer to interaction. the interaction is with the dealer fixing the car and gm paying for the warranty claim. This "problem" you created.
Old July 17th, 2018, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer in NY is where I leased the car from, and the car is Brand New under warranty. As a Professional Courtesy, and being the car is “Their” car they should absolutely be looking out for my Best interest as well as theirs. After all the car will be theirs again in a couple of yrs.
Old July 17th, 2018, 1:53 PM
Super Moderator

the leasing company owns the vehicle, not the dealer. You as the leasee are require to maintain the vehicle. GM is required to do the warranty work. When the lease is up and the owner returns it, the dealer can buy it out from the leasing company so send it back to them. They could care less about the vehicle. If its returned damaged or with worn tires, brakes etc...your paying.

If you think the ny dealer is required or needs to call every other shop you have it in; you got some bad info.
How would that phone call go? What are they going to do over the phone? They can't diagnose it, repair it or process any part of the warranty claim. Even if its done wrong; they can't help you until you bring it back to the ny shop. Dealers are independent business connected only to gm, not other dealers.

If you are going to rant; know how the system works and have a legitimate complaint.
Old July 17th, 2018, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You appear to be the Greatest, Most knowledgeable Tech there ever was! I really don’t care about your opinion as my issue with GM/Chevy has been resolved to my satisfaction and then some!
Old July 17th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Thank-you, I do know what i'm talking about...that is why its so easy to see through bull****. you should apologize for posting fake news. Posting that you should have bought Japanese; why? because one dealer didn't talk to another dealer to your satisfaction. wierd

Last edited by tech2; July 17th, 2018 at 11:36 PM.