Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Engine/Transmission

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2019, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine/Transmission

I could be driving in 2nd or 3 gear and all of sudden my Traverse jumps into 1st. I have to find a safe spot and put it in park or sometimes it takes me to shut down, remove the key and then restart for it to go back to normal. Usually happens when i go over big bump or when car is relatively turned on recently. Is there any recalls out there. I am obviously out of warranty and don’t want to keep pouring money into this vehicle. I have replaced the drive shaft 3 times. Thank God it was under warranty during those times. Front end has been replaced twice.
Old March 4th, 2019, 4:01 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by qbanaso888
I could be driving in 2nd or 3 gear and all of sudden my Traverse jumps into 1st. I have to find a safe spot and put it in park or sometimes it takes me to shut down, remove the key and then restart for it to go back to normal. Usually happens when i go over big bump or when car is relatively turned on recently. Is there any recalls out there. I am obviously out of warranty and don’t want to keep pouring money into this vehicle. I have replaced the drive shaft 3 times. Thank God it was under warranty during those times. Front end has been replaced twice.
https://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Traverse/2009/