Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

No sounds in my traverse

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2021, 3:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this

Originally Posted by cheenash
we have a 2011 traverse and there is no sounds, no chimes no radio nothing however the lights are on on the radio and signals work just NO SOUNDS... What can I do???
if it’s an aftermarket radio... the amplifier must have power cause the amp is the one that sends the signal to the speakers which it doesn’t say but on your harness that you got for the new radio it would be the blue wire ( it’s known as the power antenna) but it’s for the amp... now connect that blue wire with the red wire (switched power)
if it’s the oem radio 1st check the connections by opening the driver door and between the door and the panel you should see the connections and you can unclip it and check for water or corrosion as many have stated that water collects there on Gm Acadia and Chevy Traverse...use a blow drier to dry it and after clipping the connections back use duct tape to cover them to avoid future damage to the connections... check all doors
Old March 8th, 2021, 3:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Under the passenger side

Originally Posted by Norris Campbell
could someone please tell me where to locate the speaker fuse?!
I see a fuse for EVERYTHING but the speaker fuse.
Is there even a fuse dedicated strictly for the speakers?
under the passenger side... under the glove compartment there is a small panel ... the speaker fuse would be a 15 amp located middle row 4th from the bottom
Old March 8th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

i see a radio fuse (15 amp in the IP fuse block) and amp fuse (30amp in IP fuse block) but no speaker fuse. all speakers are powered either by the amp or radio
Old July 30th, 2021, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
i see a radio fuse (15 amp in the IP fuse block) and amp fuse (30amp in IP fuse block) but no speaker fuse. all speakers are powered either by the amp or radio
I have never seen a speaker fuse in any car. It's usually the radio fuse. Maybe you have bad speakers.
Old July 28th, 2022, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

I too have a 2012 Chevy Traverse where the driver side speaker is working less than more. Everyone once in awhile it comes back on and I have the sounds but mostly no sounds for the DIC (driver information center). So about how much does it cost to replace the speaker and or entire radio and sound system? What have others experienced?
Old July 29th, 2022, 8:51 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by terdenh
I too have a 2012 Chevy Traverse where the driver side speaker is working less than more. Everyone once in awhile it comes back on and I have the sounds but mostly no sounds for the DIC (driver information center). So about how much does it cost to replace the speaker and or entire radio and sound system? What have others experienced?
Most likely the speaker itself . They used cheap speakers in a lot of their standard radios back then . If you use aftermarket speakers they dont cost that much at all . Probably can find them for less than $100 at a place like Crutchfield and they will give you instructions on how to take everything apart to replace them .