Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

No start issue. Turns over but wont fire.

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2017, 5:37 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start issue. Turns over but wont fire.

I have a 2009 Chevy Traverse LS 3.6. The issue started when the vehicle would not start with no issues leading up to this. Vehicle turns over but wont fire. Had battery tested which checked fine. I tested the fuel pump which is working fine as well. Checked for spark which is fine as well. Checked all fuses and connections. All checked ok. I was receiving a code that PCM indicated a TCS malfunction along with codes for lost communication with body control module, fuel pump control module, electronic control module, throttle/ pedal sensor switch B high input powertrain control module A and rear differential control module . Stabilitrac and ABS messages are appearing in the message center. After some research and speaking to my local parts store, the issue was believed to be the throttle body position sensor. The throttle body was replaced but the vehicle still will not start. Most codes are gone with the exception of the rear diff control module. Only other code showing is U0073 Control Module Communication Bus Off.
Anyone have similar issue or know of the cause and possible fix. Need some help here. Thanks
Old August 21st, 2017, 5:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

U0073 Control Module Communication Bus Off.
Anyone have similar issue or know of the cause and possible fix, That is your issue. The ECM isn't being pulsed