Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

onstar help please I miss you

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2012, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default onstar help please I miss you

i have just purchased a 2012 Traverse that was used in a rental fleet and has the onstar delete option. My question is if I want to add the factory onstar back onto the vehicle would it be possible and would it cost a fortune? I would like the bluetooth feature on the steering wheel to work the button is there but it mutes the radio currently. I looked at the FMV online but it appears to not have the option to hook up to the factory wiring. Traverse is 1lt with remote start and other options.
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:29 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

many rental/fleet vehicles have Onstar/XM deleted.
though some rentals do have them left on.

I was going to suggest FMV...
and for bluetooth maybe the PARROT kit.
Ive read of other Traverse owners installing this to get bluetooth.

I have not seen someone install the Onstar module.
Old May 9th, 2012, 2:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> traverserocks,

Unfortunately if the option is deleted from the vehicle, it usually isn't wired through the vehicle either. It may be possible; however, finding a dealer that is willing to do so may be difficult, as OnStar needs to be wired through the vehicles computer. FMV or aftermarket equipment may be your only option at this time. I encourage you to contact your dealer for additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 9th, 2012, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The onstar files

Thanks for the fast response. I guess it's back to the Chevy dealer and maybe a trip to look into this FMV unit in person. Thanks again for the help.