Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Paint Issues

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2020, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Paint Issues

My video on youtube says it all. The paint on my Traverse easily chips. I reported to the dealer. I exchanged messages with Chevy. I will never buy a Chevy again.

Old February 21st, 2022, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bad paint - red

Originally Posted by Digsa
My video on youtube says it all. The paint on my Traverse easily chips. I reported to the dealer. I exchanged messages with Chevy. I will never buy a Chevy again.

https://youtu.be/ZwerFQVAOh0

I had the same issue with my RED Chevy Traverse 2019. Unfortunately, I was told that I was a couple hundred miles outside of my warranty. This wasn't my fault. I called to schedule an appointment while I was still in warranty. They were busy and couldn't get me in until a few days later which put my mileage just over. Unfortunately, I am on the road for work all of the time so a few days of driving added up. They tried to tell me that I must follow other cars too closely. Wrong! Debunked that. Then I was told it was from bug acid. Wrong. My husband I work together and often drive to the same properties but I don't stay as long at subject properties. His Dodge is fine. I paid to have my hood repainted. Guess what... It happened again. Do not buy a car in the Cajun Red color. It is defective!!
I used to work for a powder paint company that supplied car companies and business furniture companies. I KNOW there is something wrong with their red paint. I would love for Chevy to pay for the fix on this or give me additional money towards a new Traverse in a different color. I can submit pictures upon request. I am very upset that I paid over $50k for my car and the paint looks like it is 10 years old.