Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2014, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 tahoe

My Tahoe has started doing this as well. Anyone find any other causes or solutions to the problem?
Old October 8th, 2014, 2:43 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Duece1123
My Tahoe has started doing this as well. Anyone find any other causes or solutions to the problem?
Hey Duece1123,

We understand you're searching the threads for a potential fix, but please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. If you'd like to send us your VIN we can do some additional research on our end for any service announcements related to this issue. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 4th, 2014, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey Duece1123,

We understand you're searching the threads for a potential fix, but please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. If you'd like to send us your VIN we can do some additional research on our end for any service announcements related to this issue. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi Amber,

I noticed you responded to the poster after me, but not to my message. Is there a reason for this- perhaps the Tahoe has a fix the Traverse does not? I received yet another recall/service alert in the mail today. This is the third within six months. Each recall requires an hour's drive round trip plus the time spent waiting at the dealership. Add to this the fact that the radio continues not to turn off, and I think you can understand my disappointment with my Traverse and Chevrolet in general. I'd appreciate anything you can do to assist. Thanks.
Old November 4th, 2014, 7:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Traverse12345
Hi Amber,

I noticed you responded to the poster after me, but not to my message. Is there a reason for this- perhaps the Tahoe has a fix the Traverse does not? I received yet another recall/service alert in the mail today. This is the third within six months. Each recall requires an hour's drive round trip plus the time spent waiting at the dealership. Add to this the fact that the radio continues not to turn off, and I think you can understand my disappointment with my Traverse and Chevrolet in general. I'd appreciate anything you can do to assist. Thanks.
Hi there,

Very sorry that we missed you! There is no reason why we may have skipped you. Just a mistake on our end, and we would be happy to assist the best way possible. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership to reach out to.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 17th, 2016, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Patsy, I hope you are still working here because I have the exact same problem and the dealership didn't even bother to look at it. It seems like this is a known issue that the dealership likes to avoid. Do you happen to have any idea how to fix this? It's really irritating.
Old February 16th, 2017, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 Traverse and it recently started doing this. Yesterday it stayed on for 10 minutes after I had gotten out of the car. This vehicle has been nothing but trouble ever since I bought it.
Old May 5th, 2017, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Same problem as above. Chevy wants $90.00 to tell me what's wrong with 2012 Traverse??

Last edited by Stanqu57; May 5th, 2017 at 9:28 AM.
Old May 6th, 2017, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

I sympathize! My local dealership wants $150 to diagnose the problem that I suspect they already know the answer and fix to. It's insult to injury. The car has gone through multiple recalls, taking our time and patience to fix. This is another reoccurring problem customers have brought to their attention and they have the gall to charge to even look at the vehicles. This is why I won't be buying a Chevy vehicle again.

Originally Posted by Stanqu57
Same problem as above. Chevy wants $90.00 to tell me what's wrong with 2012 Traverse??
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. I was told by the service rep that that is how the tech gets paid. They need to put the tech on their payroll, not mine.
Old June 8th, 2019, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

I have this same problem with my 2019 Chevy Spark. Dealer service could not figure it out. OnStar sent an update that fixed but dealer did not know why. That was 3 weeks ago. Now it is happening again. This appears to be a systemic problem that will kill batteries if that radio is playing for days with the car turned off. Hopefully Chevrolet realizes this problem and has a permanent fix that the dealers know about and understand. In the meantime I've got to make another dealership service appointment which will take all day and probably require that I get another loaner car because they will not know how it is fixed until On-Star decides to push down a fix.
Ugh.

Quick Reply: Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door