Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2019, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hate to see this!

Originally Posted by ImBadness
I am having a terrible time with my radio...when I turn off the engine and open the door the radio still plays. I have to start the car 2 or 3 times before it will finally do what it is supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem with their Traverse? and what did you do about it?
my 2019 Equinox just started having the same problem! Since this has been going on for several years, I guess there is no fix. We are several hundred miles from home, and when I call my home service department they say that they have never heard of anything like this! Good grief!
Old July 12th, 2019, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default Radio will does not turn off when turn off car and open door

I have the same problem with my 2019 Spark. Love the car, but the radio does not turn off when car off and open the drivers door. Had in to service 4 times since bought the car in late March 2019. Finally they said it was normal to take up to 40 seconds to turn off after you exit the car.....but they are sending me a software update that I should install (with OnStar) and then take back in for them to check it again. The major question for you is does the car eventually turn off after 5 to 40 seconds? if it does, they say it will always turn off (that's where I have a little problem). They say this is normal...but they are sending me a software update. Have your Chevy dealership contact my dealership, Steward Chevrolet in Colma CA. See if they can start to collaborate on this.
Old July 12th, 2019, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Well, it would my turn off for several hours, volume continued to play at 1/4 , couldn’t adjust. Got out of the car , walked away, came back and now it’s working. Since it’s intermittent, I’ll have trouble convincing them.
Old September 24th, 2019, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 gmc envoy

Came looking for answers to radio not shutting off when door opened. My 2007 gmc envoy has started not shutting off radio now. I open and close the door multiple times until it shuts off.
Old September 24th, 2019, 1:22 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Does it stay on even when other doors are opened or only driver's door? If only driver's door is suspect door switch, if it stays on with any door open , I'd consider looking at RAP relay. Retained Accessories Power relay.
Old September 24th, 2019, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Does it stay on even when other doors are opened or only driver's door? If only driver's door is suspect door switch, if it stays on with any door open , I'd consider looking at RAP relay. Retained Accessories Power relay.
When opened rear drivers side door it shut off at lunch today. Will try a few other times to make sure. Thanks for the reply.
Old October 3rd, 2019, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Radio will does not turn off when turn off car and open door / Service Air Bag light

I have this same problem with my 2014 Traverse, it started a few months ago. I asked the dealer ship and for $170 they said they could take a look but that didn't include fixing the problem that they have never heard of LOL... So I do what others in this forum have said open and shut the door a few times... Sometimes if I stick the key back in when the door is closed and turn it (I dont turn the car back on... anymore) and push in an turn it back THEN open the door it usually works.

I now also have the issue of where my Service Air Bag light comes on and off UGH!!! The issues

Last edited by Meliason; October 3rd, 2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Didn't add subject line
Old October 13th, 2019, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy,
I just installed a software update on my 2019 Premier (through the airwaves) and the problem has gone away.
Get an update done folks...…..
Tankman
Old November 8th, 2019, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cynthia.d.weaver@comcast.net
I have this same problem with my 2019 Chevy Spark. Dealer service could not figure it out. OnStar sent an update that fixed but dealer did not know why. That was 3 weeks ago. Now it is happening again. This appears to be a systemic problem that will kill batteries if that radio is playing for days with the car turned off. Hopefully Chevrolet realizes this problem and has a permanent fix that the dealers know about and understand. In the meantime I've got to make another dealership service appointment which will take all day and probably require that I get another loaner car because they will not know how it is fixed until On-Star decides to push down a fix.
Ugh.
My 2013 Apart just started doing this, too. Your post seems to be the most recent. Any luck with a solution?
Old January 19th, 2020, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Me too!!

hi! I just got a 2020 Chevy blazer and I’m having the same issue 😫😫😫 what do i do?!

Originally Posted by ImBadness
I am having a terrible time with my radio...when I turn off the engine and open the door the radio still plays. I have to start the car 2 or 3 times before it will finally do what it is supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem with their Traverse? and what did you do about it?

Quick Reply: Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door