Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Rear speakers working sometimes

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2016, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear speakers working sometimes

I have a 2011 traverse Ls, it had a factory radio in it that was messing up by switching from aux to radio and back on its own, so I thought I had a short or something wrong with it. So when the rear speakers did not work I contributed it to that; I changed the radio to an aftermarket radio with the proper wire harness and all connections to the new radio are great, the rear speakers still do not work. I took the wire harness off, used a multimeter to check the back speaker wire connections, everything was fine. I checked the plug for the speaker and door motor control going from the car to the door and when I unplugged it water came out; out of the plug and wire loom coming from the door. I checked the seal on the window and not any more than normal water gets in there. The windows were tinted from the factory. The back window control does not work on either back door. I believe the water is the problem but have no clue as to how to fix it.
Old April 4th, 2017, 5:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replace the speakers, Chevy uses cheap 10 dollar speakers that don't last. Find a name brand speaker like Pioneer or Rockford Fosgate and you'll never have another issue.