Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Timing Chain & Components Faulty

Old August 21st, 2018, 12:47 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing Chain & Components Faulty

Engine light on evaluateed at chevy Dealer but being told that all waranty has expired bought 11/05/2010 from Chevy Dealer ship

This is my mothers car she is disabled on a fixed income and has recently lost her husband of 49 years and is unable to trade car in or cover the cost that the dealership has presented the car will not pass state inspection due to code err with ECM we have already rec'd fines from the state due to expired tags i have already called customer service and have a case number what else can i do any suggerstion because this is our only vehicle and it has just under 90k miles
Old August 21st, 2018, 7:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

all you can do is hope customer service will goodwill it. realistically, it does not meet the goodwill requirements; Its way out of warranty time and mileage wise.

If the repair is $5000 range...trade in for a civic. A simple 4 cylinder fwd car that is cheap to run and maintain. Big, all wheel drive SUV are complicated, require much more service and repair, parts are expensive.

Search this Thread