Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Worst car ever!!!--- battery issues for 2 years

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2013, 7:36 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst car ever!!!--- battery issues for 2 years

Where do I even begin? First off I LOVED my car when I first purchased it NEW 2 1/2 years ago. However about 10months in to owning this car it has been nothing but a HUGE headache!... In the last year and a half it's been into the dealership (which has had to been towed) around 8 times (maybe more I lost count around 5!!).... The worst part is no one can tell me what is going on with it and why my battery is dying! They tried to blame it on ME and say I must have left lights on blah blah blah! Well I can tell you that if no one can help me I will NEVER buy another Chevy and neither will any of my family! I spent WAY too much money to not have a reliable car. My husband travels often and the car will be back tomorrow but I have been without a car for 2 days with three kids because my husband was gone.... I am very frustrated and completely fed up. I didn't know where else to vent so I decided to join and let it all out. The dealerships are sick of listening to my rants! Can someone tell me if they have ever had this problem and if they got it fixed and how?
Old December 13th, 2013, 3:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of car?
Does it go dead when parked or does it stop while driving?
If when parked you obviously you have a draw on the electrical system, I had this problem with a rear wiper that was on a Grand Cherokee I owned.

This type of problem can be very time consuming and expensive to diagnose.

If it only does it when parked I'd ask around and find a shop that specializes in electrical repairs, it's probably worth the money if you can get it fixed once and for all,
after all warranties are good but it doesn't help if your car is in the shop all the time.