Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

2016 Trax P00E9, car won't start

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2019, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Trax P00E9, car won't start

Hi, new to the forum. My wife has a 2016 Trax that is under warranty until August. I tried searching this code on Google and on this site but can't find any information.

Three days ago my wife ran the battery down listening to the radio with the door open and the engine not running. I jumped it and the car was fine for two days.

Yesterday I drove 20+ miles each way to an event without issue except for the last mile. After driving at highway speeds for 30 minutes, the car stalled at a traffic light. It shuddered before it stalled. My initial thought was that it was out of gas. The gauge shows just over 1/4 of a tank. The car restarted right away and I drove home the last mile without issue. Today my wife told me the car wouldn't start so I assumed the battery was the problem. I charged the battery and tried to start the car. It spins but no ignition. I tried adding some gas and that didn't work either.

My code reader is showing the following faults:

P00E9 CNF (code is Confirmed)
P00E9 PND (code is Pending)
P00E9 PRM (code is Permanent)
P0351 (coil A)
P0352 (coil B)
P0353 (coil C)
P0354 (coil D)

I don't know if the previous battery issue is related or not. I can have the car towed to the dealer after the Memorial holiday weekend but I'd like to see if it's a simple fix first so I can move it. It's blocking my other cars at the moment.

Last edited by William Yovino; May 26th, 2019 at 12:55 PM.