Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

2020 Trax radio won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2024, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Trax radio won't turn off

My radio does not shut off when opening the door now. It used to work fine. I have pulled each of the BCM fuses but none turned the radio off, and there is no fuse specifically labeled for the radio. There is no fuse in the slot for infotainment system. First vehicle I've had that there hasn't been a designated fuse for the radio. I pulled the accessory fuse too but that didn't help. I replaced the RAP relay, but no luck there. The dome light comes on when the door is open so the switch seems to be working. I'm not sure if it's the radio itself or a wire on the door switch that only goes to the radio. Not even sure where to start looking for that. I tried unhooking the negative battery cable but that didn't even clear my preset stations. Might try the positive cable tomorrow. I don't have the option to do a software update for some reason to see if that might help. I've seen a lot of posts on this for a lot of different GM vehicles, so this seems to be a big issue with these infotainment systems and you'd think GM would come up with something better or a better way to reset/fix the issue.