Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

Brake pedal question

Old December 8th, 2018, 4:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pedal question

Hi all. I see there is not a lot of action in the forum, but I will post this question here anyway.

The dealers service man said that ALL TRAX will do this.
When you come to a stop, and keep pressure on the brake pedal, it will bleed off, going almost to the floor.

Does yours do that?
Old December 8th, 2018, 5:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by pickenup
Hi all. I see there is not a lot of action in the forum, but I will post this question here anyway.

The dealers service man said that ALL TRAX will do this.
When you come to a stop, and keep pressure on the brake pedal, it will bleed off, going almost to the floor.

Does yours do that?
Lots of action here.

Dealer service is snowballing you. You have something wrong with your braking system. If they keep this up report to consumer affairs, BAR, ect. No brake pedal goes to the floor unless there is something wrong.
Old December 9th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts

Doesn't sound right to me...Drive another trax and compare.

I have seen this issue on vehicles that have the parking brake mechanism incorporated into the rear calipers. the piston retracts completely and you have to move the entire pedal stroke of fluid for the pistons to touch the rotor. could also be a bad mc. clamp off the rear flex lines and see if the condition is fixed.

Search this Thread