Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

Sirius XM Radio in a Trax

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2019, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius XM Radio in a Trax

I bought a 2019 Trax LS and after I bought it I found that you have to go up to the LT to get satellite radio. Can I purchase a Radio from a LT (like a totaled car) or purchase a new one, put it in and all will work and I will have Satellite radio. Someone told me it would have to be programmed into the car computer system to work. Can anyone help. I Miss My Satellite Radio.
Old July 30th, 2019, 4:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

You can replace the unit. You will have to make sure your XM subscription is "paid". You will need the receiver serial number, contact XM (sirrus) with that information, then you will have to drive the car around till the satellite picks up your receiver, then you should be good.
Old July 31st, 2019, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. Would you know if the factory antenna would be ready for satellite radio
Old July 31st, 2019, 11:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

The satellite radio uses a different antenna than the regular radio. You will probably have to add that, It looks like a small shark fin on the roof.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 6:00 AM
CF Beginner

I'm in the same boat...but in addition to Satellite radio I also wish to have a built in CD player....However I don't believe the factory radio has a CD player...Can anyone recommend a good quality aftermarket radio the will have a factory appearance? The bluetooth & backup camera is also a consideration.....Thanks