Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

05 Uplander burnt out dash lights..!!

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the solution!!

Hello all! I recently purchased an 07 Saturn Relay 3 for a steal of a deal. Part of it was because the dash lights were mostly all out, and as you have all found out, the dealer does not offer the replacment bulbs (even though they pop out quite easily. I spent a whole day visiting junk yards looking for similiar bulbs from other vehicles but came up empty handed. All the scrap yards had no vans with clusters either, and said if they did they would not sell the bulbs but only the entire cluster.

Anyway, after the failure at the junk yard, and reading all the good info here, I figured I'd bum around all the autoparts stores in town and see what I couldfind. after going to NAPA, autozone, CarQuest, etc, I walked into O'Reilys, cluster in hand. The guy behind the counter saw the cluster and knew immediatly what I was after. AND, he HAD THE BULBS!

THE REPLACEMENT BULB IS MADE BY EiKO
PART NUMBER 2721MF, and can be found at O'Reilys (formerly Schucks autoparts). It seems each store only caries 2 packs (2 bulbs each), I had to go to two stores to get enough bulbs to fix my cluster. They are about $5 per 2 pack, but they work!

They are red plastic, and a little taller than the stock blue plastic ones, but they pop right in the same spot, no modifications needed, no soldering. Its a complete oem replacement. I wish I could shout this out all across the internet, since I spent the better part of an afternoon searching for this information. Please SHARE SHARE SHARE this info!!

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1182&ppt=C0010

Looks like you can get them on ebay for even cheaper in 10 packs!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Eiko-272...-/130640757651

Please share this information with everyone you know who has one of these GM vans!

Last edited by coolzzy; September 29th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old September 29th, 2012, 4:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for your post. Great info.
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Smile good for you.

Glad to hear of another place to buy bulbs. I have since sold my Uplander, but still have several bulbs left. I will sell them for $1 each and postage. e-mail me at johns562003@yahoo.com
Old October 27th, 2012, 1:19 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem as gbienvenu. All fuses good. Also lights out on the climate control settings. Switch problem?
Old October 27th, 2012, 1:46 AM
CF Beginner

Pulled the cluster and found 3 burnt and 9 good.
Old January 30th, 2013, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Smile

Originally Posted by uplanderman
I'm new to this firoum and also a new Uplander owner hoping for some help... After reading this forum it appears I may have purchaed an electrical nightmare waiting to happen. My Uplander is a 2005 LS RWB, and I have already pulled the fuse for the power sliding door to avoid it opening while moving again, now my dash lights and head lights are flickering slightly and the dash lights have started to burn out !!

Questions....Can the dash lights be replaced??

Hoping for some advise

Thanx in advance for all the help!!

Cheers
Brad
YES ! They can be replaced. Locating the proper bulb is the nightmare; read on and I'll tell you.... I had the identical problem with my Pontiac Montana SV6 and found the dealers would only sell me the ENTIRE cluster for approx. $248. No thank you. A u-pull-it lot of used car parts told me the same...no bulbs, just the whole cluster unit. Called an outfit that's been in business 43 years re-manufacturing instrument clusters....same deal, no single bulb, and they would not direct me to their source for purchasing the bulbs. Now I'm fairly PO'd. In a later posting on this subject a member stated that many import cars used this bulb. BINGO ! Long story shorter...I stopped in a BMW parts dept. and showed them my bulb. They had a box of these babies right by the parts counter. $7.00 for one bulb. IMPORTANT to get the right one....these you want are 12 Volt 1point2 watts. (They also have a nearly identical bulb that's 1point5 watts and 12Volts and that would likely not light up). Here's the BMW part number you'll need for this made-in-Germany freak. 62 13 1 383 311 .
Old January 30th, 2013, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Bobcat1947
YES ! They can be replaced. Locating the proper bulb is the nightmare; read on and I'll tell you.... I had the identical problem with my Pontiac Montana SV6 and found the dealers would only sell me the ENTIRE cluster for approx. $248. No thank you. A u-pull-it lot of used car parts told me the same...no bulbs, just the whole cluster unit. Called an outfit that's been in business 43 years re-manufacturing instrument clusters....same deal, no single bulb, and they would not direct me to their source for purchasing the bulbs. Now I'm fairly PO'd. In a later posting on this subject a member stated that many import cars used this bulb. BINGO ! Long story shorter...I stopped in a BMW parts dept. and showed them my bulb. They had a box of these babies right by the parts counter. $7.00 for one bulb. IMPORTANT to get the right one....these you want are 12 Volt 1point2 watts. (They also have a nearly identical bulb that's 1point5 watts and 12Volts and that would likely not light up). Here's the BMW part number you'll need for this made-in-Germany freak. 62 13 1 383 311 .

Make it easy on yourself and cheap:

THE REPLACEMENT BULB IS MADE BY EiKO
PART NUMBER 2721MF, and can be found at O'Reilys (formerly Schucks autoparts). It seems each store only caries 2 packs (2 bulbs each), I had to go to two stores to get enough bulbs to fix my cluster. They are about $5 per 2 pack, but they work!

They are red plastic, and a little taller than the stock blue plastic ones, but they pop right in the same spot, no modifications needed, no soldering. Its a complete oem replacement. I wish I could shout this out all across the internet, since I spent the better part of an afternoon searching for this information. Please SHARE SHARE SHARE this info!!
Old January 31st, 2013, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

Smile dash lights

I have sold my uplander, but have lots of dash lights left over. Brand new ones. As I posted earlier, I will sell them for $1 each plus postage. Just contact me at mcknire1@msn.com.

Johnny b good
Old August 5th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Newly Registered

Default Dash lights uplannder

Yes I have an 06 Uplander and I did have to go to the junkyard and pull the lights out of a Dash. They can be taken out with a straight screwdriver or a small socket. You can also buy them online but they're very expensive.
Old February 26th, 2017, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Not to completely drag up a zombie thread, but I figure it's better than starting a new thread for a simple question.

How does the cluster/bezel come out to replace the bulbs? I see two screws/torx bolts along the upper bezel. Do I just remove those and pull? Does the lower dash trim need to be removed to access more screws?

Quick Reply: 05 Uplander burnt out dash lights..!!