Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

08 p 1682, p2078

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2020, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 p 1682, p2078

Hi Gents, I was searching for a short and lifted up the top section of the eng. compartment main fuse box. I reassembled incorrectly, not raising the lower female sections to a raised position. On trying to start the car had many odd things happen, as the mating was not complete. I discovered my error and reassembled the top and bottom section properly. I now have all systems normal and it will turn over but wont start: my error codes are P 1682 and P 2078, and I get "reduced engine power" on my dash screen. these codes tell me about the ignition switch and the IMT, intake manifold tuning valve position. I'm hesitating about replacing them without any understanding of what the error codes might mean. Any help would be appreciated. Fran
Old January 24th, 2020, 4:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Hey. I had the intake manifold tuning valve code on my 09 uplander last year. it had about 213 000 km on it at the time. I don't remember the exact code, but I was still able to start the van with the code present, but the van was really sluggish and the engine light was obviously on, but no other messages. It is a dealer only part, and requires removing the power steering pump pulley to get to it. I believe there is a youtube video on that.
As for your other code, I have not gotten that one.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue here!

Originally Posted by Fran Gagne
Hi Gents, I was searching for a short and lifted up the top section of the eng. compartment main fuse box. I reassembled incorrectly, not raising the lower female sections to a raised position. On trying to start the car had many odd things happen, as the mating was not complete. I discovered my error and reassembled the top and bottom section properly. I now have all systems normal and it will turn over but wont start: my error codes are P 1682 and P 2078, and I get "reduced engine power" on my dash screen. these codes tell me about the ignition switch and the IMT, intake manifold tuning valve position. I'm hesitating about replacing them without any understanding of what the error codes might mean. Any help would be appreciated. Fran
so i have a customer van doing the same 2 codes i replaced the tuning valve and it ran fine for 3 weeks then same issue! Can start the van after unplugging the valve and it runs fine? So have you solved this issue because ive replaced it and checked all the wires coming from the sensor and 2ft into the main harness?
Old August 3rd, 2020, 12:46 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikethemechanic24p
so i have a customer van doing the same 2 codes i replaced the tuning valve and it ran fine for 3 weeks then same issue! Can start the van after unplugging the valve and it runs fine? So have you solved this issue because ive replaced it and checked all the wires coming from the sensor and 2ft into the main harness?
i have never looked at the imtv on a 3.9 or 3.5 but i have seen them on other vehicles... i had one leaking oil/air around the seal. it would start/idle rough until it warmed up. i replaced the seal and the problem went away. that was a different vehicle though...