Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2008, 8:08 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..

did you have them check for part # 25854910? It should be available as a kit to repair the alternator
Old October 22nd, 2008, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..

Only 4 of that part number in the state of Florida.just under $60 bucks..LOL its a popular itemI guess...

I did call the zombies at GM customer service, they say "we are not aware of this problem, please take the van to the nearest dealer for a diagnostic, you will have to pay even if they cant duplicate the problem"..I refereed them to the service bulletin number, they said "we cant access the files from these computers"I asked to have a regional manager contact me, their reply was "we don't do that until the diagnostic is complete and shows a common defect"..[:'(]..and I didn't even try to get the gas gage issue addressed.

I see why GM is failing as a company, its too bad I always thought they backed their products[>:]
[sm=badidea.gif]
I also found the AC Del co interchange number for the voltage reg is D636A, that was the only way the local dealer could find it.[sm=headbang.gif]

THANKS FOR ALL THE REFERENCE INFO, ITHAS HELPED AS THE DEALER SAID THEPARTS ARE NOT SOLD SEPARATE UNTIL I GAVE THEM THE PART NUMBER...I HOPE OTHERS WILL FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE NHTSA AS DEFECTIVE HEADLIGHT ARE A BIG SAFETY ISSUE.., maybe a recall will be in order
Old December 24th, 2009, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by shawnvw
They usually run around 14.5v. I highly doubt that will fix the gas gauge problem. the only bulletin that gm released about the gas gauge problem is about replacing the fuel level sensor in the tank. I'll post it below.
Leaving the key one for 5 seconds won't help anymore than starting it up and driving away. one thing you can try is driving to a level position, shutting down the van, and restarting it while on a level surface. The express that i drive have this same problem, if I park in an unlevel driveway, my gas light will be one if I have less that a quarter tank. Once I pull out of the driveway, I shut down the van and restart it then all is good

You should be able to change the battery in the fob and not have to worry about reprogramming it. The frequency of the remote is already learned to the vehicle and changing the battery doesn't change the frequency.
I have a Chevvy uplander 3.5L 2006 ewb model. I bought it in Dubai and imported it to UK. In order to register in UK must it have rear fog light fitted and rear red indicators must be yellow. This car is the only one in the UK so auto sparks here have no experience with it. I have been advised that to re configure the lighting schematic I need a module but no one knows what it is or the part No. Please help if you can, I cant drive this vehicle in UK without it

Last edited by malik; December 24th, 2009 at 5:32 PM. Reason: additional info
Old December 24th, 2009, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

ps. I also have the gas gauge problem
Old July 6th, 2010, 6:32 AM
CF Beginner

Fuel gauge was bouncing all over after I filled the tank, and had ONSTAR run a diagnostic that came back with code P0463 faulty fuel level senseor. Just curious what is involved in replacing the fuel level sensor on an 06 Uplander. Is this a do it yourself job, a job a neighbour mechanic could do or is this major undertaking...$$$$
Looking for any guidance/advice/input

Thanks
Todd
Old July 11th, 2010, 7:29 AM
CF Junior Member

I had the headlight flickering problem on my 2005 Uplander back around 50,000km near the end of the warranty period. The flickering was very suttle and difficult to notice unless the vehicle was driven quite a bit at night.
On warranty, GM fixed the problem by replacing the voltage regulator and wrapping some wiring in the alternator with some special aluminum tape.
That seemed to fix the problem and I now have 139,000km [86,000mi approx] on it.
I have never had any other electrical issues, including any issues with sensors.
I must say that any time I have gone to my dealership to have a problem diagnosed/corrected, the dealership has done a fine job in fixing the problem the first time.
Also I am convinced that the various problems with the Uplander and other GM vehicles is quality control and the cost issue on the components supplied by the various suppliers; GM selecting the cheapest part to use in their vehicles, when first assembling the new vehicles. Do not forget, that General Motors was in deep trouble with their business model several years prior to their bankruptcy in 2009.
The thing I am watching for now about GM is whether or not they have changed their ways with the business model. Does GM now properly support their product and the customer; also do they build a reliable product that the public wants.
In a couple of years from now, we will have a sense of how well GM has done.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

Smile

I would like to thank everyone who made suggestions on this site. So far, everything has worked out.

1) repaired flickering lights issue with new voltage regulator (have scars to prove it too). GM $62

2) rear blower was on high all of the time when the vehicle was on. Got a new blower resistor from advance auto for $51 and back in business.

3) new brakes, rotors, and front wheel bearing assemblies to correct pulsing and popping noises. Ebay $270 with ceramic brakes and drilled rotors, bearings.

4) some things I saw on youtube regarding fixing keyfobs with tin foil glued on the back of the rubber buttons. Such an easy fix for 2 different GM vehicles and now have 4 working keyfobs with no money out.

Regarding the sliding doors. Mine still have a mind of their own sometimes, but have never opened on their own going down the road (yet). I wish someone would figure out how to fix that issue.

Once again, thanks for your time and postings!!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 2:42 AM
CF Beginner

This is just stupid... Every Uplander has or will have these some time, and GM wont do anything about it...

The fist and last time I buy a GM.
Old September 28th, 2011, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Well looks like I have the same problem with my 2005 Uplander... My Father decided to give me his Uplander back in August, and 2 days ago, the dashboard lights were flickering, but not the headlights. I rarely use my Uplander at night, since I work during the day most of the time... Next week I'm going to see what they can do at the GM dealership. I hope they will fix my problem, because driving at night with that Uplander is a nightmare :S
Old December 12th, 2011, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

I guess this is why they don't make these terds now.

Quick Reply: 2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..