Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Chevy Uplander no gas getting to engine

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2011, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 Chevy Uplander no gas getting to engine

There is no gas getting into the engine. I have checked the fuese and they are ok. I have done a digital OBD2 car reading and it's all ok.
I have disconnect the fuel line from the fuel injector fuel rail, started the van but no fuel is coming out from the fuel line. I do hear the fuel pump activate when I turn the key on before I start the engine and I hear it when I am starting the engine but I stil not getting any gas into the engine.
Do not know if it is the fuel pump or it is something else, what to do.

Update; OK, the next day I went to start working on it again, I wanted to try somthing to see if my fuel line is glogged or the return line. check the return line it was good. diconnect the fuel again at the same place and I notice gas coming out of it. So I shot gas into the throlle body and started the van, it was running as long as I was shooting gas into it but no gas was coming out from the fuel line. After I have stop the engine and wait for a few minutes I have notice some gas was slowing dripping out of the fuel line. Could this mean that my fuel pump is bad?? or could it be the filter on the pump is glogged and if so can I clean it. <!-- / message -->

Last edited by jhughes62; November 20th, 2011 at 9:54 AM.
Old November 20th, 2011, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

If it is the fuel pump the cheapes one around my area is $286.00. Does anyone know any place that sells it cheaper??
I do remember that mechanic has told me that even though you hear the fuel pump working, doesn't meant that it is pumping the full psi that it needs to work.

Last edited by jhughes62; November 20th, 2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: other info that might help.
Old November 20th, 2011, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Talking Problem Solved

Hi, I have solved the problem. It was the fuel pump.
it wasn't getting psi to send and the sending unit was giving false readings, so it was not working properly either.
Once I replaced the new fuel pump (Which came to with taxes $301.74), made sure that fuel line is clear and the return line, clean the electronic plugs and made sure there was no faulty wire/s, got it all back together, made sure that I have at least a minuim of 5 gallons of gas.
Primed it and it is running like new.
I've also notice that sending unit was giving the correct readings to the dashboard. Happy!! Happy!! Joy!! Joy!!
"let's hope that is it"
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:13 PM
CF Beginner

I know this is an older post but thank you for updating your resolution.
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

You can get cheaper pumps, but do you want them? They usually don't last and with the inconvenience and labor involved, is it worth it?