Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Uplander Keyless Remote Issues

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2012, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Uplander Keyless Remote Issues

We started having issues with the remotes only working intermittantly about 2 months ago. This happened with both remotes. I changed the batteries in both, which made no differance. For the past month, neither remote works at all.

My first thought is that the receiver unit is bad and needs to be replaced. I found part #15835547, which I believe is the correct part for my van.

The question I have is if this is something that I can simply replace myself or if there is more to it than just changing the part out. I read that it may require programming afterwards. I also am not sure how easy it would be to get that dash up to get access to the part.

Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Mike Busby
Old January 26th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Mr. Busby,

You may just need to have the remotes re-coded for the vehicle. Please see your dealer.

Each remote keyless entry transmitter is coded to prevent another transmitter from unlocking your vehicle. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased through your dealer. Remember to bring any remaining transmitters with you when you go to your dealer. When the dealer matches the replacement transmitter to your vehicle, any remaining transmitters must also be matched. Once your dealer has coded the new transmitter, the lost transmitter will not unlock your vehicle. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 19th, 2012, 1:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't take anything apart in the dash until you have first checked both fob's to determine if they are working or not. If they are not working, then the problem might be failed solder joints where the battery (coin cell) contactor connects to the circuit board pad...if so re-solder it. If the fob's have been used very much, then the problem may be worn off conductive layer from the push buttons which is easily fixed by ordering the repair membranes from keylessfix.com (website)...which I did 2 yrs ago and it's still working fine. With our '08 Uplander this fix wasn't covered on our GM 5yr/100KMile drivetrain warranty so I had a local used-car dealer check my fob's operation. My wife's fob is also an original which still works fine simply because she uses it maybe 1/10th the amount I use mine. I had dropped mine enough times to break loose the battery connector's solder joints, and pushed the buttons enough times to wear off their conductive coatings. It may help to clean the buttons and board pads with an alcohol-soaked Q-tip if dirt is the problem, but if the button is worn that won't help.