Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Uplander - Oil with white stuff left on pavement

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2013, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Uplander - Oil with white stuff left on pavement

So this morning my wife leaves for work and when I return home this evening I find what looks like an oil slick on the driveway where her car had been parked. In the middle is a fair amount of a whitish ooze. Upon closer examination the white stuff is fairly liquid and the oil slick seems to be 'run off' from the white stuff and not oily, looks more like gasoline.

Last week I find out that the van was in serious need of an oil change (I never drive it) and was very low on oil. So I got the oil change.

This might have been occurring for a longer period of time as the driveway has had a good amount of snow until today, when all of it melted away.

2007 Uplander, 72000 miles
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Uplander - Oil with white stuff left on pavement-oil1.jpg   2007 Uplander - Oil with white stuff left on pavement-oil2.jpg  
Old December 22nd, 2013, 9:42 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How long have you owned the vehicle?
The oil life monitor would have alerted your wife about oil change due, did she ignore it?
Has the cooling system been serviced lately?
Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
How long have you owned the vehicle?
The oil life monitor would have alerted your wife about oil change due, did she ignore it?
Has the cooling system been serviced lately?
She didn't notice anything about the oil being low until she realized she hadn't brought the vehicle in for sometime.

The cooling system hasn't been checked recently.

I did check the dipstick and the bottom of the oil cap and did not see any white stuff. Also there hasn't been any decrease in power and no white smoke in the exhaust.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I would guess the white stuff is just condensation or external moisture form the environment...
At 6 plus years old, I'd get some servicing done, new hoes and antifreeze, belt(s) and setup a reminder to get the oil changed about every 4k miles...
I'd get that oil leak fixed too as the Uplanders days could be numbered if it was running low on oil for extended periods of time...