Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Uplander Remote FOB

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2010, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Uplander Remote FOB

Hello all:

I just bought a 2007 Chevy Uplander. But it did not come with the remote. I called the dealer and they said that it needs a 4-button remote (Lock, Unlock, Pass. Sliding Door, Panic). They are asking $72 for the remote and $55 to program it.

I looked up on ebay and there are no 4-button remotes available. There are others like 5-button and 6-button that include remote start or driver sliding door which my van does not have. So my question is that would these work with my van? I have seen with other makes (particularly japanese) that the remotes are really picky. Even for the same year you have to match the FCC id and stuff. Is that true for Chevy as well? Unfortunately since I don't have any remote at all, I don't have FCC id. Even the dealer was not able to provide me one.

Also I am wondering if there is any other way to save money on getting it programmed. The dealer is asking $55 to do that.

Please help.

Thanks.
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:32 PM
CF Junior Member

I got my remotes from eBay and have 2 with and 2 without remote start. The PCB inside is absolutely the same with all 6 contacts for the most expensive 6-button remote. Looks like only the casing is different because I can start the van from a remote without start button by simply connecting the contacts on PCB. My van is '06 Montana SV6 version. No power sliding doors, but I am pretty sure my remotes can send the signal to operate the doors as well.

There is no way to program the remotes on the van. Special expensive GM ScanTool is needed. I had the same problem and found that only a few garages have one. After almost a month of searching I got the remotes programmed for $40. The procedure takes about 10 min. The dealer was asking $60 + tax and appointment Mon-Fri in work hours. All Saturdays were booked for months ahead. Some dealers play smart and refuse to program remotes if you don't buy ones from them.

P.S. I am in ON, Canada.
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Val D.
I got my remotes from eBay and have 2 with and 2 without remote start. The PCB inside is absolutely the same with all 6 contacts for the most expensive 6-button remote. Looks like only the casing is different because I can start the van from a remote without start button by simply connecting the contacts on PCB. My van is '06 Montana SV6 version. No power sliding doors, but I am pretty sure my remotes can send the signal to operate the doors as well.

There is no way to program the remotes on the van. Special expensive GM ScanTool is needed. I had the same problem and found that only a few garages have one. After almost a month of searching I got the remotes programmed for $40. The procedure takes about 10 min. The dealer was asking $60 + tax and appointment Mon-Fri in work hours. All Saturdays were booked for months ahead. Some dealers play smart and refuse to program remotes if you don't buy ones from them.

P.S. I am in ON, Canada.
Thanks for your response.
Old September 5th, 2010, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Check Around

Check around at other dealerships. I've got an '08 Uplander with dual power doors, without the remote start. The dealership I bought the remotes from programmed them for free for me. Good luck! I'm in Michigan, by the way.
Old September 6th, 2010, 7:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Here is a possible very good source for repairing 2005-2009 Uplander Keyless FOB. Checkout this link. The information is very good. The explanation of what fails in the FOB and what the fixes are is excellent. The prices are a fraction of what you will pay at the dealership or most other places. I have ordered two of the repair plastic inserts for my 2005 Uplander FOBs.

The website is www.keylessfix.com The link is
http://www.keylessfix.com/keylessfix...FaTY5wodBnNI3Q

I hope this helps save some people some money.
Old September 16th, 2010, 7:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Update: I just received and installed my fix from www.Keylessfix.com, which were special plastic inserts for my keyless FOB/remote. Price $9.95 each. It fixed the "unlock" buttons, which were not working. The product works as advertised.
This fix is several times cheaper than purchasing and programing a new remote through the dealership.

Perhaps it might even be worth it to purchase the product[it is very cheap in cost] even though your remotes now are still working. The company might not be around in 5 years. Guaranteed some of the buttons on your remote will stop working at some point in time in the next few years.
Old November 27th, 2012, 12:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 08LT
Check around at other dealerships. I've got an '08 Uplander with dual power doors, without the remote start. The dealership I bought the remotes from programmed them for free for me. Good luck! I'm in Michigan, by the way.
Where in Michigan did you get it done? I am in Grand Rapids and have no FOB at all for my 2007 Uplander.
Thanks