Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Uplander remote start not working

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2019, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Uplander remote start not working

I finally got the keyless entry fixed for my mom's 2007 Uplander by redirecting wires from one spot to the next and the remote works extremely well. However, the remote start isn't working, so I checked to see what the issue might be using this site: https://www.wallacechev.com/blog/rem...king-try-this/

The van has full oil and coolant/radiator levels, no drops in the oil pressure, hood is closed, never had the issue with too many attempts to get the remote start to work since the remote was broken, the key is out of the ignition, car is in park (automatic), the remote says press lock, then remote start icon for 2 seconds, the manual says the same for the remote start procedure, the key fob battery is new, and the hazards aren't on. The engine light is currently on since the EVAP Canister Vent Valve Circuit has failed, and would a CEL or MIL cause the remote start to not work? It worked before the engine light came on, and when I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, the CEL goes away and the remote start can and will work until the CEL turns back on again. I don't know if there's a way to bypass the CEL or MIL system to get the remote start to work, which I know is a bad idea for bypassing something that can be easily be fixed by me. Should I get that one part replaced to get the remote start to work or just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes until I get the EVAP Canister Vent Valve replaced?
Old January 23rd, 2019, 7:23 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, as long as the CEL is on (Check Engine Light) the remote start feature is disabled. My son has a '07 Avalanche and he had a similar issue. Replace the EVAP Canister Vent Valve and the CEL should go away (turn off) and the remote start feature will work. It's not a good idea to try to bypass the CEL.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the clarification. The Vent Valve on both my dad's 2005 Malibu Maxx and my mom's Uplander are above the fuel tank (rookie mistake by GM to do that) and it requires the cars to be at a specific angle to get to the darn thing and remove the 25 gallon bucket on the van and the 16 gallon bucket on the Malibu.
Old January 25th, 2019, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Well, the keyless remote stopped working again and the repair attempt failed. How much will it cost for new remotes and programming? This car has only 1 programming option: the use of the Tech-II scanner.