Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Adding Sirius to 2006 Uplander LT

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2012, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Sirius to 2006 Uplander LT

Hi all! I am seeking help with adding the Sirgm1 satellite tuner to my recently purchased used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT. When the car was purchased, I was told the radio was satellite capable and could add my unit to it. So far, no such luck. The part number for the radio is 1402377462. I was told that when I connected the wires to the radio, it would cycle the XM/Satellite band in with the FM1, FM2, AM then XM. This did not happen. I have the yellow wire for the sirgm1 system connected to the red/white wire to get my constant 12 volt + power and the black ground wire connected to the black/white ground wire. This powers the radio, however it shows up on my cd/aux band which has the dvd entertainment system hooked up, so I can hear audio, and nothing else. Best Buy told me I needed GM to scan the sat radio band on, so it would cycle through to that after the AM, but my local Chevy dealer said they've never heard of that. Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Another thing is that the vehicle was originally wired only for the onstar, not for sat radio. Not sure if that is the problem. I was told it shouldn't be. Thanks again!

Joey
Old July 10th, 2012, 9:31 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like a dealer needs to flash the BCM for the satellite radio option..I've never tackled this job a newer car..On my truck I changed the headunit out and then added the XM
Old July 19th, 2012, 8:49 AM
leo
CF Beginner

Hi I was thinking about adding XM to my 07. It would require adding a anttenna on the roof. I was reading in the Helms shop manuals that adding a used XM unit would require the unit to be unlocked. They are design with a antitheft feature which locks the unit out if stoled. Not sure if you are istalling a new unit or used and wheter you bought a factory or aftermarket unit
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response. I am hesitant about changing out the factory installed head unit because of all the problems that I have read about. Many people have said that the DVD entertainment system wont play through the speakers any longer, anti theft can be screwed up, etc. For these reasons, I opted to try and use the unit. What is involved in flashing a BCM? Is it a job that I can takle on my own? I brought the vehicle to our local chevy dealership and they tried using a scan tool and that didn't work. If the BCM is flashed, and the band becomes available, will the sat radio then show up correctly, or will it still bleed through on the cd/aux/dvd channel? thanks again for your help with this matter.
Old May 8th, 2017, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Certainly Possible to all models

Originally Posted by cbsjoey
Hi all! I am seeking help with adding the Sirgm1 satellite tuner to my recently purchased used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT. When the car was purchased, I was told the radio was satellite capable and could add my unit to it. So far, no such luck. The part number for the radio is 1402377462. I was told that when I connected the wires to the radio, it would cycle the XM/Satellite band in with the FM1, FM2, AM then XM. This did not happen. I have the yellow wire for the sirgm1 system connected to the red/white wire to get my constant 12 volt + power and the black ground wire connected to the black/white ground wire. This powers the radio, however it shows up on my cd/aux band which has the dvd entertainment system hooked up, so I can hear audio, and nothing else. Best Buy told me I needed GM to scan the sat radio band on, so it would cycle through to that after the AM, but my local Chevy dealer said they've never heard of that. Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Another thing is that the vehicle was originally wired only for the onstar, not for sat radio. Not sure if that is the problem. I was told it shouldn't be. Thanks again!

Joey
Joey,
Even though this is a old post, I will add information in.
I can confirm yes that it should work for you, the radio's however have the XM band disabled by default. I was able to gain bluetooth and XM using the ISGM655 and Sirius XM tuner. You will need a tech 2 in order to enable the XM port on the radio.

In my case I had to buy a OnStar antenna capible of XM plus run wire for that.

Using a tech 2, build onto the vehicle, select Entertainment, then select Special Functions, Module Setup, Radio. In that selection ensure that "Digital Radio Receiver" has an "*"Beside it.

Turn off the Van (Key) and ensure the radio is off, may have to open the door. Then turn the key to run and press the band button. XM1 will appear after FM2