Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

after market DVD

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2010, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market DVD

I have bought a 2008 Uplander LT , the model without DVD in the upper console. Now I have bought a DVD player. Can anyone help me how to install it. Mechanically it's done but which wires?
Old April 7th, 2010, 9:05 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

all the wires can be found at the front console...power ground and dome lights
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do all vans come with DVD wires installed, i.e. DVD ready?
Old May 6th, 2010, 7:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought an aftermarket DVD player too, I removed the 2 torque screws from the console light, behind the front seats. I joined the DVD +12 volt and ACC and connected them to the orange wire ( center wire of the 3, the others are grey and a black one) The ground wire I connected to the grey and there is a blue wire they call the "door" wire which I just taped to prevent it from grounding out.
The base plate of the DVD was just about a right fit I only had to drill 4, 1/4 inch holes in the plate for it to line up with those small slots along the inside of the overhead rails. Everything works as long as the van is running, the only thing I have to figure out is that "door" wire, if I was brave I would tie it to the other black wire it the light console and see what happens, but I'm just to chicken.
When any door is opened the DVD player shuts off , but the unit is for road trips so it's no big problem
total install time is about an hour.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default after market DVD

i TOOK THE FIRST ROAD TRIP AND FOUND A FEW THINGS,
1/ DON'T USE THE POWER FROM THE INTERIOR LIGHTS AS I SUGGESTED, OPEN THE FRONT OVERHEAD AND TAKE THE SWITCHED 12 VOLTS AND GROUND FROM THE BLUE PLUGIN CONNECTOR AND FISH THEM UNDER THE HEADLINER TO THE DVD PLAYER. IT IS JUST AS EASY AND THEN THE DVD PLAYER IS SWTCHED.
2/ MY DVD PLAYER HAS FM TO PLAY THE SOUND THROUGH THE RADIO AND THIS CAN BE OK BUT LOOK ON KIJIJI OR EBAY FOR THE GM FACTORY INFARED HEADPHONES, THEY WORK VERY WELL AND YOU STILL HAVE THE RADIO FOR YOURSELF NOTE ONLY BAD THING IS THE GM INFARED PHONES USE AAA BATTERIES, AND I QUESTION THE BATTERY LIFE AND THE BATTERIES ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CHILD(OR WIFE) TO CHANGE.