Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:20 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Blend door actuator ?

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2009, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnvw
Temperature Valve Actuator Replacement (Single Zone)
Removal Procedure
Shawn, how do we access this kind of link (on the gsi.xw.gm.com site). It seems to be a great tool, but it looks like you need to be logged in otherwise you get a "You are not authorized to view the requested information." error.

I need to remove a bunch of interior panels and this looks like the kind of site that would be invaluable. Can it be accessed in some way by us mere mortals?

Jeff
Old January 9th, 2010, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Any information regarding the blend door replacement on a 06 equinox?
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Default Blend door motor

Dear shawnvw,
I have a chev Avalanche 2004 1500 2wd and I need to replace the blend door motor. It is the drivers side one. Can you please help me out. I have been looking all over for a diagram to replace it, but can't find one. I was quoted around $500 to $650 to fix it. I am a college student and don't have that kind of money to fix it right now. I can buy the part but have no idea how to replace it or where it is. Please help.
TDM20
Old December 21st, 2010, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

I'm having the same problem with my Chevy 04 Tahoe (dual climate control). The heater works great on the passenger side and the rear but only very cold air from the driver side vents. Shawnwv if its possible can you post up a diagram for me to replace the blend door or actuator?
Old July 7th, 2011, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

shawnvw hello
i have a 2001 tahoe hot in the frount but cool in the back with ac on turn to hot and it is very hot i did check the lower actualor and work fune i can hear the door moving also is there a upper acturlor that control the air temp.
Old July 10th, 2011, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Chevy express (conversion) van 2000 hot and cold are switching ok but the air only comes out defrost .Can anyone help How many actuaters are on this system?
Thanks
sjj
Old August 24th, 2011, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Temperature Actuator,, driver's side

I have a 2005 Silverado Quad Cab and it just started blowing hot air on the drivers side instead of cool like the passenger side does. It has dual climate controls and rear air. My buddy was a service manager at a local GM dealership and he tells me that he had to change this out quite often. I understand from him that it is under the center console. I have contacted the local dealership and they can't tell me which one I will have to get to replace it. There is a 100.00 difference in the parts so I want to get the correct one. I have the part numbers for the parts and need to know if anyone can tell me which one to purchase.

The less expensive part number 89018374, it is 78.00

The more expensive part number is 89018365, it is 185.00

If anyone has any info that would help me I would really appreciate it, you can reply here or to durite66@gmail.com
Old August 26th, 2011, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2006 Tahoe and left side air bags and front and put the front but I have not put the side as I can turn off the airbags avisode board, can someone please help me, this is my email ehampl @ hotmail.com. appreciate it your help.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1998 Lesabre

Hey, this is a related question. I am working on a 1998 lesabre. How do I get to the blend door actuator?

also, is there any calibration that needs to be done to the actuator after replacing? if so, how do I calibrate?
Old December 13th, 2011, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Tahoe blend door

Blend door failure in the Chevy Tahoe is a fairly common problem. Typically to perform the repair, a mechanic will disassemble the dash and replace the plenum box. It is a costly and labor intensive repair. There is a DIY kit by heatertreater.net that provides metal replacement hardware and instructions on how to perform the repair by removing the glove box. It is worth looking into if you think you have a broken blend door.

Quick Reply: Blend door actuator ?