Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

CHEVY 2008 Uplander Slips an jerks

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2021, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHEVY 2008 Uplander Slips an jerks

Yes I had a trans that was black fluid an was over filled for a while an after a period of time it makes jerks Slips an just wierd things I'm no mechanic at all but read up on google so had the trans drained refilled an filters etc changed it helped about a 3 days but today its slipping an all sorts other stuff. I also had oil change etc etc that same day today seems back to how it was. .. what can I all do? This can didnt do this for about 7 months then had it serviced an guess they put trans ot who ever over filled... what can I do or start to narrow down???
Old April 3rd, 2021, 8:46 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well when you drain old trans fluid from a trans with wear and slip issues the trans is going to be a bit erratic for at least a hundred miles, if not more.
did it straighten out?
you may need another flush, another filter, upgrade magnets per the tsb, an inline cooler, an inline filter... maybe even throw new solenoids at it... also dont ignore other maintenance like air filter, maf, throttle body, spark plugs, unmetered air, fuel issues

mine acts erratic when the coolant gets to 220F+ for a sustained period, which is basically just 20+ mins of city driving with heat and AC off on a 55F+ day.....i often throw on the AC, which activates the fan, which cools the coolant, which cools the trans. problem solved, but i need to do a trans cooler and a switch to throw the fan on without activating AC