Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Help: HUGE problem with 2008 Chevy Uplander LS

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2012, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: HUGE problem with 2008 Chevy Uplander LS

My 2008 Chevy Uplander LS continues to shut off and then once the key is placed in the ignition the alarm goes although I'm already in the car. The car would not start without a boost.

Dose anyone have these problem also, and if so knows how to solve them?
Much appreciated.
Old July 10th, 2012, 7:31 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What condition is the battery? Usually with alarm problems "going off" it is a low battery. Take it to get it checked.
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by draysk8
My 2008 Chevy Uplander LS continues to shut off and then once the key is placed in the ignition the alarm goes although I'm already in the car. The car would not start without a boost.

Dose anyone have these problem also, and if so knows how to solve them?
Much appreciated.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Would you please provide the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further for you?

Louis
GM Customer Service