Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Help with my Uplander.

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2012, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my Uplander.

Having a few issues with my 2006 uplander front wheel drive with the 3.5 engine.
One is the gas cap warning. I've replaced the cap with aftermarket and a new OEM and still get the warning. I've check all hoses for security and all are fine.
What else can i so?

I also have a warning door chime staying one. The driver doors causes it,but the pass does at time as well. I've looked at the switch's at the door and clean them,but still get the chime when I least expect it. Especially if i use the door in the electric mode.
Is there a way to deactivate the chime?
Old April 26th, 2012, 2:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dale002,

In regards to the emissions small leak, it's possible it may not be a gas cap issue; the purge solenoid may need to be replaced. For the door chime, the open/closed position of the sliding door may need to be relearned. These are just suggestions, it is not meant as a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician. They will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection of the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 27th, 2012, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Dale002,

In regards to the emissions small leak, it's possible it may not be a gas cap issue; the purge solenoid may need to be replaced. For the door chime, the open/closed position of the sliding door may need to be relearned. These are just suggestions, it is not meant as a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician. They will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection of the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
How is the relearning accomplished on the doors?
Old April 30th, 2012, 8:08 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dale002,

I'm sorry, but I am not a technician. Please consult with your local dealer, they will be able to assist you further.

Louis
GM Customer Service