Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

I have a 2005 chevy uplander 3.5 3rd row 2wd

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2020, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a 2005 chevy uplander 3.5 3rd row 2wd

Ok first I am going to tell you what I have done to it what parts have been put on it and then what's going on with it.l have put a new canister on it for the fuel system new fuel pump new crank shaft position sensor new puge valve new pcv valve new plugs new wires had to replace the fuel return hose it was kinked when we dropped the fuel tank to put the new pump on seen it also the cat has been replaced along with o2 heater sensor also new maf sensor. With all that said none of the above fixed the problem I do get a code and it is po336 aka crank shaft position sensor circuit failure low voltage. With that being said onto what the van is doing so I can start the van fine it will idle fine untill its gets to running temp then the van starts to stall and die if you are in drive and trying to go then the engine will buck and back fire with a really bad odor of gas fumes we have taken the throttle body off cleaned it checked the fuel injectors we are getting gas. The fuel trim long term is running negative 10.9 when the engine starts to buck but we are getting the right fuel pressure cause have the tools to check it we are running out of ideas and i cant afford to keep being a parts changer so if you have any other questions ask no smoke black or white out of the exhaust incase that may be a question. Please help me I can just go buy a new car
Old May 9th, 2020, 7:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

did you clean the throttle body?
when i got my 3.9 it would stall and jerk and throw crank position codes...
i cleaned maf and throttle body and had the crank position sensor changed. that straightened it out, but another pertinent issue was the wires that are on the back of the motor for crank position sensor and knock sensor... they were totally bare from heat. i got some from the junkyard and put high temp heat shrink on em... i also put wire loom on there that was heat resistant to 225F... the vehicle runs fine but that loom totally melted.... i have seen these wires totally melted on many uplanders... not sure if the 3.5L has the same problem, not sure if you have the same problem, but just throwing it out there... check those wires and clean the throttle. the plugs on those wires in question come with a unique heat shield covering... i think the shield is a requirement. it gets hot back there