Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Need help with Radio, Steeringwhell controls & Onstar!

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2012, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Radio, Steeringwhell controls & Onstar!

Hello All,

I have bought a pontiac SV6 2005 (same as uplander) back in May this year and loving it! I have the model with interior DVD & radio controls on the steering wheel.

Now this said, I want to get Ipod by USB or bluetooth streaming capabilities & phone by bluetooth.

Everywhere I've read for the past few months states that I might loose my Steering Wheel controls and/or DVD capabilities in the van if I install an aftermarket radio. I have looked at PAC and even called them and they could not assure me 100% that their module would preserve my DVD.

For the phone by bluetooth, I have stopped on the Galaxy1000. Seems like a good little unit that will not have adverse effects on my Van. It installs directly in place of the Onstar system, which I do not use. The thing is that I am not finding where the Onstar is located or how to get to it. Anyone have some info/pictures/instructions for the above?

Also, If anyone has gotten experience in replacing the aftermarket radio in these vans (SV6, Relay, uplander) and presrving SteeringWheel controls and interior DVD capabilities, please come back to me.

It will be greatly apreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!