Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

New to Chevyforums.com

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Professional Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New to Chevyforums.com

Hello everyone. First time poster for chevyforums. I am however also a active member of dodgeforums.com with my 01 dodge. I also have an 07 Uplander with 50k miles on it. I have to admit, not the best buy ive ever made. spent some time in the shop over stupid petty repairs, but it has never left us on the side of the road. overall im pretty pleased with how the van has treated us, just kinda wish it was made a little better. The plastic on it can only last so long before it gives. The door panel has never been removed, but somehow the clips that hold it securely to the door are worn out. the 3rd brake light has faded and some film that once covered it it now peeling off. I get some weird clunking noise from the steering column. The dang thing goes through brakes like crazy, its an 07 with 50k and i just put my 3rd set of brakes on it. honestly i like the van, I just think they short changed it in ALOT of areas. I look forward to hearing from you all and sharing opinions, tips and tricks with each and every one of you guys...

Mark
Attached Thumbnails New to Chevyforums.com-dsc00166.jpg  
Old May 9th, 2010, 4:05 PM
CF Active Member

Thanks for your participation in the forum. The more Uplander owners we have the better. I have a 09 uplander that just hit the 22000 kilometers. The brakes are still like new with no pulsation at all. I cannot believe that you went through your 3rd set of brakes. Is it only the brake pads that you replaced or the rotors also. When I had my 03 impala myself also wentthrough severals set of rotors specially because they were always wrapped but on my uplander I am very satisfy. We cannot find anything wrong with this van except the rear suspension can get a bit noisy in bad roads with expansion cracks specially. As for the finish (plastic etc I find the uplander not worst than the others van. My son has a 2010 sienna and the 2 vans are quite equals in quality. Also the ride is very similar.I like the size of the uplander. We have the short wheelbase model and compared with the others I find them easy to parks and easy to drive in heavy traffic.
Old May 9th, 2010, 6:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome crateampsrock,
I have an '07 as well with 30k miles. Brakes are still original and in good condition. For the price I paid for it I feel I got my money's worth.
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Professional Mechanic

ive had to turn the rotors each time, im still above the discard rate which is good. This is my wife's van and im leaning towards the fact that she might be a little heavy on braking. Ive got the extended version and the only rear suspension issue i seem to have is it feels like the rear shocks are worn. the back tends to bounce more then the front.