Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Problem with chevrolet logo emblem

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2010, 7:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with chevrolet logo emblem

When I bought my 2009 uplander in april 2009 the logo had to be replaced because there was damages on the gold alumifoil. a new emblem was installed by the dealer. We are now in july 2010 and my emblem is starting to deteriorate again. A new one will have to be installed soon. What I dont understand is that they have not found a way to fix these defectives logo emblems. The uplander is not the only one with this defect. The pick up trucks are quite involved in this problem also. Since it is a logo that represent GM vehicles they should work hard to save their reputation since these logo represent the company.
Old July 19th, 2010, 8:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My '07 Uplander had both front and rear emblems replaced by the dealer about 6 months after I took delivery of the van, both seem to be holding up alright since then.
The emblems say "Made in China" on them. Can't fault the Chinese on this as the emblems were certainly manufactured to G.M. "exacting standards" ......

Go get another pair if yours are going bad again.
Old July 19th, 2010, 1:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me I just took the Rolling Stone's advice I see a bad logo and I want to paint it Black, no problems anymore I want it painted Black.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:57 AM
CF Junior Member

There's a little open crevice around the bowtie that allows in road debris, water and salt, which delaminates/destroys the inside. I've applied a thin bead of clear silicone with a small syringe w/ 18ga needle (just big enough to get the caulk thru) into this open crevice. The bowties have been fine for over 2 yrs now. This open crevice is apparently a mfg/design error. Another forum listed www.acatop.com as a source for affordable bowtie replacements, unless one is covered by the GM warranty.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If mine goes bad again and GM won't replce it, I'll pop it off and stick a blue oval over the holes....
Old November 11th, 2011, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

How can I remove the emblems without tearing them up? I can clean them up and paint, or gold leaf them...If I can get them off the car.
Old November 12th, 2011, 1:07 PM
CF Junior Member

ours are going on three and 1/2 yrs still like factory new bowties, also made in China somewhere. What works for me is to very carefully clean the bowties and then wipe them down with a mild alcohol or like windex or other residue cleaner which cannot harm plastics. Then you will see a slight crevice all around the perimeter of the bowtie between the clear plastic and the black base. What you need to do is like I told you (above)months ago, simply apply regular clear RTV Silicons caulk or sealant all the way around the crevice to fill it up, smooshing it in; or applying it with a blunt ended 18 guage needle and than carefully smosshing it into the crevice; then you have to recheck the silicone bead every single year, I do it each spring around May or June. If you keep the silicone seal in perfect shape your bows will outlast the vehicle. Why our friends in China haven't figured this out I don't know.....good thing they (the Chinese) didn't build the rest of the vehicle.....huhhhh!!!!!!! if you do this every year (it takes maybe about 10 minutes to do both front and rears), theres absolutely no need to every have to remove them like someone says above. It's your choice. If you cannot find a suitable syringe or needle, just visit your most local chem teaching college's stockroom (trade secret), and they'll remain sexy-looking forever, as Louis Chevrolet would have wanted them to.

Last edited by fscoles; November 12th, 2011 at 1:11 PM.
Old November 18th, 2022, 4:08 AM
CF Beginner

The problem with Chevrolet logo emblem is that it can be easily damaged in the event of an accident. The emblem is located on the front fender of a car and it is made of plastic. Visit this https://masterbundles.com/best-veterans-day-images/ site for best images about veterans day. In order to protect this emblem, you need to make sure that you have an insurance policy that covers damage to your vehicle. The reason why you need an insurance policy is because when you are involved in an accident, this emblem will get damaged.