Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Rear door issues

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2020, 7:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear door issues

I was having issues with the power sliding doors when I got the van. The passenger side was not registering as closed. It would shut but an alarm would sound saying it was open. I pulled the fuse and have been using the doors manually with no problems. Now this morning I opened the passenger side sliding door and now it wont shut. I pull it forward and it just kinda bounces off.
Old December 4th, 2020, 5:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did you wait till now that the door won't close to make your first post , instead of driving around without that fuse and without posting about the issue after you pulled the fuse ?

Honestly I've got answers out to first posters that have never come back to read what I've written .....ehehe

Our uplander does not have powered sliding doors cause I've always tought of them as being another thing
that can break that I don't need to fix later , so I have no experience to help with the issue

I doubt it's an electrical issue since you've already pulled the fuse , and been driving around without it
I don't think the issue you had before and the one you are having now are related

It's quite possible that you now have a mechanical issue with the rollers/hinge at the rear of the door that slide in a track
or the sliding roller at the bottom of the door which is defective or getting caught on something

Take a look at the track where both rear and bottom rollers ride on to see exactly where they stop
if there's something in the way

Do come back and give feedback about the issue once resolved for everyone to share in

Cheers ...... Vinny