Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Second Update

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2006, 2:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Update

I am still driving my 2005 Chev Uplander.

I live in Alberta, Canada.

It now has 43,562 kilometers [27,068 miles] on it. We have had the vehicle new since May 2005 We drive it daily as we are a single vehicle family.

The fuel economy is good for a van. I get 9.0 litres/100kms. straight highway driving and about 10.5litres/100kms "blended" driving between city and highway speeds.

The vehicle is truely a pleasure to drive. It handles well. It was very stable to drive in snow and ice last winter. However, I intend to equip it with specific winter tires this winter.

I have had a 'sway bar link' and "front seal' on the engine replaced on warranty. Excellent service from the dealership that I go to.

As reported in my previous update, October 2005, the patina look to the leather on my front seats, has not changed, and I am no longer concerned about it at this time.

DVD player is working fine, and has had useage about 50 percent of the total time that I have driven the vehcle. My grand daughter loves to watch the DVD player and it is a wonderful device to make a ride more enjoyable with small children.

With the Uplanders now in operation for the past two years, I am beginning to see a fair number of them in use around my community and region. I suspect this is a good thing.

My wife and I are quite happy with this vehicle thus far.

Old December 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default Owner 2008 Uplander has issues.

My van has had the intermmediate steering shaft replaced twice in 30K and at 62K feels like maybe again.
My Tire Pressure Monitoring system intermittently registers problems but by the time I can get an appointment, it dissappears and the dealer cannot recreate it again. This issue has been ongoing from new. What has your experience been?
Old December 27th, 2012, 1:22 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by WILNOR
My van has had the intermmediate steering shaft replaced twice in 30K and at 62K feels like maybe again.
My Tire Pressure Monitoring system intermittently registers problems but by the time I can get an appointment, it dissappears and the dealer cannot recreate it again. This issue has been ongoing from new. What has your experience been?
Intermediate steering shafts are problematic among many brands. They designed them to absorb shocks through the column but in the process IO think they made them too soft and they just don't want to last. Not just GM, other manufacturers too. There are aftermarket manufacturers that claim to have improved the OEM designs although I can't speak about them from personal experience yet as I just ordered an aftermarket one for my Vue and haven't had a chance to install it yet.

As for tire pressure monitoring system...we haven't seen any issues with it on our 2008 yet (knocking wood). The sensors are battery powered, perhaps you've got a battery thats on the way out? Many auto parts stores can scan codes and will happily do so for free, maybe next time it goes on you can have one of them pull the code on it so at least you will have some info for when you can get to the dealer?
Old December 28th, 2012, 2:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WILNOR
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> WILNOR,

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with your vehicle. Would you please provide a description of the problems you are experiencing? When was the last time you were to your dealer for these issues? Have you contacted the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center regarding these issues?

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer. I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service