Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Update on My Uplander

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2005, 2:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on My Uplander

I have had my new 2005 Uplander LT since May 2005. </P>

I have driven it for 16,583 km [10,304 miles]. </P>

Fuel economy is pretty good for a Van. Fuel is economy is relative to your own driving habits and circumstances, so what is okay values for one person may not be true for the next person. I get about 10 litres/100 km 'blended' city and highway driving. I have had as good as 9 litres/100 km during extended highway speeds.Sorry, I have forgotten what that translates into miles per gallon.</P>

I am still very favourably impressed with the excellent handling capabilities of the 17 inch wheels of this Van.</P>

The vehicle is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive on long trips.</P>

I like the use of the engine Oil Monitoring System. It will reduce the number oil changes required by about one half, which is a savings to me</P>

So far, complaints about this vehicle are almost nil. I have noticed a bit of premature wear/patina look to the leather on the drivers seat nearest to the door. I suspect this would be due to a break down in the high density foam under the leather in the seat. I am not a large person, so I consider this to be a bit of concern that I will monitor.</P>

Also I have noticed a periodic slight "stutter" on the picture screen of the DVD player. This I will continue to monitor.</P>

Overall,my family is very happy withour Uplander Van.</P>

I am interested to see how our van handles the Canadian winters.</P>